Transformation Delivery Lead
6 Month Contract, London based (with occasional travel to Reading & Scotland)
Working with Prudential as a Transformation Delivery Lead means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
At Prudential we're absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products. Across the world, we look after £635 billion in savings and investments for 24 million customers .
Overall Role Purpose:
Prudential have recently announced a new strategic partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a global leader in IT, business process and digital services. As the Transformation Delivery Lead you will be responsible for overseeing TCS's delivery of defined transformation initiatives and progress against specific plans and defined outcomes. The Transformation workstream is one workstream within the overall Gem programme which is transforming Prudential Global Data Services (PGDS), the Business Unit of Prudential who provide infrastructure services.
- The Delivery Lead has overall responsibility for managing the workstream and reporting in to the programme and workstream owner/sponsor
- Responsible for defining outcome and value for TCS optional transformation initiatives so that they drive additional cost efficiency and/or service transformation for PGDS
- Responsible for ensuring PGDS obligations to support delivery of transformation objectives are fully understood and appropriately resourced
- Responsible for overseeing the successful management of supplier deliverables
- Supports engagement with business units to articulate transformation objectives progress and benefits
- Work closely with TCS to achieve simplified access to new services and technologies, the provision of consistently reliable IT service delivery and reduction and variablisation of run and change costs for shared IT infrastructure services
- Own, develop and manage the production, sharing and embedding of an integrated plan/checklist for Transformation projects (including schedule, resources, risks and quality measures)
- Provide strong direction, co-ordination and progress checking for Transformation, escalating service-related risks and issues as necessary.
- Report progress at agreed intervals as defined within the programme/project governance framework and contribute to decision-making at the appropriate points
- Work closely with other workstreams to identify and manage any dependencies
- Facilitate the weekly Design Authority which is chaired by the workstream owner
Job Requirements - Knowledge and Skills:
- Programme Management and managing 3rd Party Offshore Service Provider
- At least 5 years' experience operating in IT Service Management (ITSM) and/or SIAM roles. Previous service transformation experience and exposure to project management essential.
- ITSM skills and ITIL V3.
- Practical experience in Project Management and Agile (e.g. PRINCE2 Foundation/ Practitioner, Scaled Agile Framework, Agile Service Manager)
- Working knowledge of IT governance and reference models (e.g. COBIT Foundation/ IT4IT)
- Experience working with third parties and transformation in an outsourcing model
- Experience at working within a multiple supply chain environment
- Experience of working with Cloud Technologies Transformation & Cloud Service Management knowledge and certification (e.g. Cloud Credential Council)
Job Requirements - Attributes
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and sound decision-making judgement
- Proficient at relationship building, stakeholder management and team working
- Balanced business and technical knowledge and interest
- Tactical and operational planning and communicating skills
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.