Technical Support Analyst (Physics/Engineering/Computer Science/Maths)
About the role:
My client is a major global provider of financial trading software and are looking for bright graduates to join their team of Technical Support Analysts.
If you have a degree in Physics/Engineering/Computer Science or any closely related disciplines and a keen interest in the financial markets, then this role could be perfect for you.
The company would take your numerical skills, SQL knowledge, problem solving and analytical skills and basic understanding of operating systems (predominantly Linux) and train you in how to work directly with front office traders and quantitative analysts to help them to get the best out of their trading products.
The 8-person team was created from Physics or Maths or Electronics Engineering masters and PhD graduates.
The ideal candidate will have most or all the following skills:
- Physics/Engineering/Computer Science/Maths or Electronics Engineering BSc, MSc or PhD
- Strong SQL skills
- Good basic Unix or Linux skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- An ability to think both on your feet and keep an eye on the long-term strategy
- An interest in the financial markets / Investment Banking / financial trading
As a Technical Support Analyst (Physics/Engineering/Computer Science/Maths) you will:
- Work with front office with the traders and quantitative analysts and the software development team
- Have extensive training in the Investment Banking sector and how their financial markets trading products work
- Keep their high-profile systems working at optimal performance throughout the day
This is an opportunity for a Graduate Trading Software Analyst (Physics/Engineering/Computer Science/Maths) to
- Work in a new and interesting business area
- Work for a global, prestigious company
- Work with a great team of people who are easy going, very intelligent and passionate about their jobs and what they do
- Work in an exciting environment where it is "close to the action" and feel that your work each day really makes a difference
TO APPLY for the "Technical Support Analyst (Physics/Engineering/Computer Science/Maths)" role please send your CV to my email address quoting the job title "Physics or Electronics Engineering PhD or Masters with SQL/Linux"