SQL DATA MODELLER (CONTRACT)
£400 - 500 PER DAY, 3 MONTHS
A top online holiday retailer is looking to add a SQL Data Modeller with experience working with online consumer data to their rapidly growing team. This SQL Data Modeller would be working on a new SQL Data Warehouse, modelling the appropriate consumer data for the company.
This is one of the fastest growing online platforms for holiday bookings and as such they have massively updated their Data Platform to deal with the billions of rows of data they are utilising. They aim to become highly data-focused to strengthen their position on the market and continue delivering great deals to customers.
As a SQL Data Modeller you will be working alongside the Data Warehouse Developers to understand the capabilities of the database and the needs of the business. You will be required to model online data points from billions of records, providing the correct pathway for the data into the system.
In specific, you can expect to be involved in the following:
- Design a consumer data model aligned to the consumer data strategy - identify where data exists, where data is duplicated and how it travels through different systems.
- Define data requirements around scalability, performance, segmentation, transformation, Importability, extraction, and accessibility
- Produce data inventory and data flow diagrams and identifying what to measure, when and how
- Code and query in SQL, contributing to the ETL development with SSIS and adding new SQL functionality where necessary
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful SQL Data Modeller will have the following skills and experience:
- Clear demonstrable evidence of designing & developing sophisticated data models, both Logical Data Models (LDMs) and Physical Data Models (PDMs)
- Strong commercial experience working on online consumer data platforms
- Strong experience working with consumer data and with marketing strategies
- Extensive hands-on SQL experience, particularly working with SSIS & SSAS
Experience of working with Python would be highly desirable.
The successful SQL Data Modeller will receive between £400 and £500 per day over an initial 3-month period.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Joseph Pyne via the Apply link on this page.