Working with Prudential as a Senior Governance Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The role-holder will support the Head of Governance and the Governance Consultant in the ownership of the governance structure, supporting effective embedding and maintenance to ensure the quality, relevance and integrity of the UK & Europe Insurance business' governance arrangements. They will help establish and maintain the delegated authority framework, board & committee Terms of Reference, and all governance procedures and supporting documentation including Governance Map and the intranet site, ensuring they remain up to date and accessible to all stakeholders.
The role-holder will support the Governance and Co Sec teams with the forward agenda planning for the boards and committees to ensure a timely flow of high quality papers and supporting information.
The role-holder will be expected to keep up to date with industry developments and best practise in order to proactively support improvements in the governance structure of the UK & Europe Insurance business and work to embed the governance structure through building relationships across the business.
The role holder will be expected to undertake the following responsibilities and duties:
- To support the overall management of corporate governance framework for UK&E Insurance and ensure it is well maintained and operates effectively
- To develop and maintain accessible records relating to the governance framework including those relating to the operation of Board and Committees, delegates authorities and SIMR
- To support the operation of elements of the apportionment process, collaborating with HR and Risk (Compliance)
- Able to work without supervision
- Take ownership of end to end redesign of individual Committees
- To advise on effective compliance with governance obligations/requirements
- To support in the development of briefing packs and other supporting material fo ruse with internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role some experience or understanding in the following:
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and explaining the impact of regulation in a simple and effective way to senior business managers
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Previous experience of working through change / involved in projects
- Experience of legal / governance requirements
- Experience of group and statutory board governance requirements
- Analysing and interpreting complex information and applying such knowledge to provide solutions to business problems and issues
- Working knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
- Working knowledge of life and pensions products markets and competitors
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.