Working with Prudential as an Operational Risk and Control Specialist means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The purpose of the role will be to support the transition of FPDI processes to BAU, and assist with the development of the Finance Risk & Controls Framework, which is key to the delivery of the Finance Ambition and UKEI Vision. Improved Risk & Controls governance within Finance, resulting in improved risk reporting and compliance, and ultimately leading to reduced operational incidents;
The role holder will be expected to undertake the following responsibilities and duties:
- Assist the Finance function in identifying generic risks associated with Finance processes, and associated existing controls / control gaps;
- Leading on risk and control identification
- Coach process and control owners in the best practice design, documentation and evidencing of key controls
- Assist in the design and implementation of control framework which can be applied across key Finance processes
- Establish level and type of evidence required of control operation to satisfy Finance standards;
- QA review of specific processes to identify key controls and assess their adequacy;
- Lead on the assessment and reporting of Operational and Enterprise Risk within Finance;
- Lead on facilitating programmes of attestation against internal and industry governance frameworks;
- Build, deliver an maintain Rick & Controls MI.
To be successful in this role some experience or understanding in the following:
- Detailed knowledge of building and maintaining Finance risk and controls frameworks;
- Audit / assurance experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written & verbal) with all levels of the organisation;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Self-starter and highly motivated, able to work without close supervision and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of data governance and data quality principles;
- Accounting or finance qualification;
- Experience of data management and reporting in the Financial Services sector;
- Experience of developing MI reports and dashboards;
- Experience of the oversight and management of internal and external service providers;
- Project delivery experience
Rate - £450 per day
Start Date - ASAP
Duration - 6 Months
Location - Reading with regular travel to London Paddington and occasional travel to Stirling, Scotland
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.