Lead Data Scientist
£100,000-£110,000 + benefits + bonus
This an exciting new opportunity to join the fastest growing B2B company! Get the best of both worlds, you will be part of a young and exciting start-up with huge financial backing. Get in early and have your say in the company!
As the Lead Data Scientist in this team, you will be a leader in a culture that encourages pioneering ideas in data science within travel and logistics - exploring and implementing advanced machine learning and analytical techniques. You will be focusing on applying machine learning to large data sets and setting up models to analyse customer experience.
This fast-growing B2B company is heavily invested in finding the next top Lead Data Scientist, who can still remain highly technical in this role whilst building a brand-new data science capability around them. They are looking for someone to head up a brand-new team that will champion a data-driven approach to all business decisions. You will be working closely with teams across other business areas and communicating technical concepts to non-technical clients and stakeholders.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will remain very technically hands on in projects - focusing on building machine learning models to make predictions on areas of demand and forecast. You will be encouraged to lead your own research into creating tailored solutions to business problems and take on as much mentoring responsibility as you feel you can manage with the opportunity to manage in the future.
- Working with large data sets, building advanced statistical and machine learning models to analyse how customers are using their product and producing insights off the back of this
- Applying advanced predictive modelling and machine learning techniques, in Python, to large data sets to set up forecasting
- Experimenting with machine learning techniques using Python
- Using SQL for data manipulation
- As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for delivering these insights back to non-technical management and stakeholders to improve customer acquisition and therefore revenue
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive knowledge and use of Python for machine learning and SQL for manipulating data
- Proven commercial experience applying machine learning techniques using Python
- The successful data scientist will have industrial experience using machine learning techniques, in Python, for ETA, delivery/routing/route optimisation or dispatch problems
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to communicate heavily technical concepts in an effective way and have experience delivering such to non-technical stakeholders
- Up to £110,000 + benefits + bonus
- Fortnightly meet ups
HOW TO APPLY:
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Kian Dixon via the Apply link on this page. For more information about similar roles, please get in touch!