A leading public sector organisation are looking for an Interim Staff Engagement and Communications Manager, for a 12 month contract, based in London.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- To devise and execute staff engagement strategies to ensure staff are well informed about the business and understand how they are expected to behave and work within the business. To ensure the organisation has first class staff engagement channels and the strategy and plans to ensure effective two way communications within the business.
- Supporting the Head of Corporate Communications and Head of Human Resources in the development and delivery of effective staff engagement, in support of the Business Plan delivery and the People Strategy.
- Owning the internal communications channels, ensuring they are best in class and deployed to maximum impact.
- Responsible for developing and delivering engagement through digital media using latest technologies.
- Building strong working relationships with the CEO and other Directors to ensure staff engagement is used effectively to deliver their objectives.
- Drawing on current best practice in internal communications and staff engagement from other practitioners, to ensure the organisation is operating at the leading edge.
- Writing staff engagement plans, coaching and briefing business heads on effective staff engagement techniques.
- Designing and leading workshops for staff, to work through key elements of the people strategy, as agreed with the Head of Human Resources.
- Building strong working relationships with Staff Reps and Change Ambassador to ensure effective feedback from staff, and staff involvement in the development of engagement strategies.
- Working with the Head of Human Resources on the design, delivery and analysis of the Staff Surveys - Heartbeat and Pulse.
- Managing, coaching leading and developing the internal communications executive on a daily basis, and through performance management through objectives.
- Preparing, commissioning and delivering as appropriate effective internal communications collateral, conforming with brand guidelines.
- Responsibility for people resource management across the Corporate Communications Team.
- Making an effective contribution to the Head of Corporate Communications Leadership Team
- Practical experience at managerial level of developing the strategies and plans to ensure staff are correctly engaged and empowered to work in accordance with people strategies.
- Wide practical experience of working effectively with senior executives as a trusted counsellor and advisor on staff engagement.
- Current and outstanding practical knowledge of the most effective channels and techniques through which to engage staff.
- First class inter-personal skills, including written and oral communication, influencing and persuasion, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Proven experience as a successful people manager and leader, working at a senior level in an organisation
- Excellent resource management skills: money, people, time.
- Strong project management skills.
- Expertise in engaging staff at a time of change and uncertainty
- A passion to innovate and make a difference.
- Ability to deliver projects within inter-departmental teams.
This role is with a public sector organisation, and contractors will therefore be effected by the changes in IR35 legislation, that will come in to place from April.
Annapurna Change are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.