About Virgin Media
Virgin Media is a place where good things happen, and we give our people the power to make them happen. Because it's not just about changing the game for our customers, our business, and the industry. It's about changing the game for our people too. We turn them on to new experiences and big opportunities, ignite what makes them great and empower them to make their time with us their own.
Develop & lead a team that will successfully establish itself as the single hub to receive and release change through to our Customers & Operations, positively impacting efficient delivery and building a strong ‘bridge’ across the consumer group.
Operational & Customer Readiness - Collaboratively work with the Consumer division to influence and shape the development of the product, pricing and proposition roadmap and brilliantly deliver & promote change across all of Consumer Operations
Impact Assessment, Governance & Planning - Effectively manage the flow of change & improvements for the Consumer team, This critical role needs to prioritise and allocate resource, identify risks and impacts to strategic objectives
Training Delivery & Compliance - Working closely with the operational stakeholders to ensure the flawless delivery of training for all Consumer customer-facing teams and to assure the optimum level of compliance to process and experience
- Work with the relevant key stakeholders to ensure that the Target Operating Model for Change Delivery is defined and developed to meet the changing needs of the business and that it provides the group (consumer) with a clear framework in terms of customer experience, process, resourcing & financial targets
- To establish effective ways of working to ensure customer & operational readiness for all business change on behalf of Consumer. This includes working with the relevant business functions to optimise the Customer Experience for maximum effect & revenue (including speed to market) whilst mitigating cost failures & operational risks
- Sponsorship of customer & operational readiness for the Consumer Delivery Roadmap, from supporting initial concept/business case creation, through requirements creation and working with other departments to design, build, test, implements and transition into business as usual and commencement of benefits delivery
- Sets strategy for monitoring and managing the performance of change, in respect of the contribution to the customer experience, operational performance and benefits to the business
- Establish a process to engage and collate feedback across all Consumer about impacts that compromise customer experience and require business change and action between teams to resolve
- Evaluates & plans the customer & operational impacts of change ensuring the right engagement and approval activities are established
- Drive consensus between the various stakeholders; escalates, engages & influences senior management to remedy issues
- Leads the review of operational & customer readiness for change including resourcing, timings, risks, funding, and dependencies
- Track and support the activities of projects & improvements to ensure quality and timeliness of execution
- Authorises allocation of resources for the planning, development and delivery of all change
- Lead an efficient and best in class model (and team) to deliver all knowledge and system training for the Customer Operations Division working closely with the design team to ensure content is up to date and delivery channels are relevant to the audience, embracing latest innovations
- Develop an effective compliance operating model to ensure optimum levels of compliance to business led change, customer journey policy & processes and tool usage. This includes working with the relevant teams to develop the reporting analysis and investigation required to drive corrective action
- Build, lead & develop a strong, capable team to complement the strategy, deliver excellent Business Partnering and are viewed (and used) as experts in their field
- Provide leadership to all staff through direct reports, encouraging and promoting a culture that values people and invests in their development, ensuring all managers promote this culture
- Inspirational leadership with the ability to motivate large teams and generate drive and commitment through others
- Recognises and manages conflicting goals of the company and key partners.
- Solves problems through collaboration
- Negotiates effectively to influence complex strategies
- Effectively builds, manages and leads relationships and partnerships
- Commercial awareness and the ability to analyse complex information with clarity and make objective decisions.
- High level of skills in strategic and analytical thinking and ability to make good business decisions.
- Recognises the financial implications of decisions and actions
- Change leadership - driving improvements and engaging people in the change
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Project and risk management skills
- Keenly aware of best practice & innovation in customer experience
- Strategic perspective: Keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not being deflected by matters of detail.
- Decision making: Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Commercial orientation: Keeping commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Organisational awareness: Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organisations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers
- Advanced analytical skills to enable effective use of data and insight to identify opportunities for improvements
- Leadership: Identifying goals and objectives, and motivating and leading others towards their achievement
- Providing direction: Directing others to undertake specified tasks, delegating tasks, responsibilities and authorities effectively
- Financially literate at a senior management level - able to prepare budgets, identify financial risk factors and VFM/efficiency opportunities
- Has proven delivery, programme management and leadership skills
- Operating at a senior level within a demanding consumer & operational environment
- Expertise in a consumer service industry and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the environment
- Commercial awareness of our industry sector
- Has excellent planning, communication and presentation skills, and is expert in project quality management
- Previous success in delivering against challenging operational objectives
- Working closely with Operations Directors and achieving results through their teams