Competitive Salary - great perks
***Please note this a London based permanent role and my client is not willing to supply sponsorship, those who require sponsorship need not apply***
My client is looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer to join their dynamic, forward thinking Agile team. This opportunity is to work for an online gaming company devoted to improving user experience and changing the norm in this industry. They require forward thinking people with the ability to bring new ideas to the table and think outside the box.
- Work as part of their agile data team.
- Maintenance of on-premises RDBMS / Data Warehouse systems
- Create robust ETL services and data pipelines that move large amounts of around the business.
- Maintain and build Continuous Integration pipelines
- Test driven development and pair programming with colleagues
- Demo work to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Creating documentation and training material for the code you deliver
- Ability to write complex queries
- Communicate and understanding of transactions, locking/blocking and isolation levels
- Demonstrable understanding of MS SQL Server modelling and indexing strategies in either an OLTP or OLAP environment
- Experience of working with large datasets and highly transactional environments
- Good understanding of one or more ETL tools and able to create a simple ETL process
Desirable experience would be in the following:
- Cloud data services, ideally Azure (Data Lake, Stream Analytics, Data Factory)
- NoSQL development (CosmosDB)
- C#, .Net, Visual Studio
- Git, VSTS
- Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Test Driven Development
- Tableau Server, PowerBI
- Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics
- Competitive salary & generous contributory pension scheme.
- Free fitness sessions and company sponsored sports events, such as a yearly half marathon.
- On site barista & free fruit
- Table football and other games
- Regular team social events.
- Legendary Christmas & Summer parties.
Flexible hours If you would like to apply for the above role please send you CV using the reference "Data Engineer"