Working with Prudential as a Control Monitoring and Risk & Control Framework Functional Lead means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
At Prudential we're absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products. Across the world, we look after £635 billion in savings and investments for 24 million customers (as at June 2017).
Finance Ambition Programme is transforming the ways of working in Prudential's Saving and Retirement Solutions Finance function. It is transforming the end to end processes enabled by new technologies. The programme is also responsible for accelerating the working day timetable for external reporting to meet the requirements of Solvency 2 and implementing IFRS 17, the new insurance accounting standard. The programme will last for 2 years.
The Control Monitoring and RCF Functional Lead will play a key role in designing, building and supporting the internal control environment, within Finance, by establishing a Risk & Control Framework alongside developing the subsequent monitoring environment. The role will sit within the Controls Work Stream management team in the wider Finance Ambition Programme.
- Design and build out a comprehensive and robust control environment supported by well-defined processes and tools
- Support and govern the internal risk & control framework
- Play a key role in building the target operating model
- Developing and managing the control environment for robust, sustainable governance of critical finance business processes
- Governance and reporting into the central programme
- Provide advice and support to the business
- Line management for a project team consisting for PM's, BA's and SME's
- A strong background in risk and control
- A strong delivery track record and a goal-oriented mind-set
- Experience of ensuring regulatory requirements are met
- Advanced analytical skills
- Proven stakeholder and relationship management skills at a senior level
- Strong communication skills, with ability to interface and influence a wide variety of staff at all levels in the company
- Operates with a collaborative and flexible style
- Strong planning and organisation skills; able to prioritise, to handle complexity and competing demands
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business