At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Please note this role is based in Bromley
Purpose of Role
- To define, maintain and ensure the integrity and consistency of end to end technology solutions in order to satisfy project and/or programme requirements and align to the Technology strategy and enterprise architecture, policies and standards
- Provide proactive Technology solution support in the analysis, design, planning, and governance of programmes, projects and change initiatives.
- Produce high quality deliverables through the selection and application of appropriate methods and standards in order to:
- Lead / facilitate investigations and decision making to ensure that the views and concerns of a mixed set of stakeholders are considered, captured, verified and validated.
- Oversee solution development, and act as the bridge between the business, projects and application development and maintenance functions. Ensure the solutions developed and deployed are fit for purpose and fit for use, meet the business requirements and adhere to quality standards.
- Identify and obtain agreement on the requirements / features and ensures appropriate prioritisation is applied to meet business objectives.
- Undertake analysis of technology solution options and associated costs and risks. Conduct gap analysis, and proof of concepts for new solutions, as appropriate.
- Identify issues and risks and lead their resolution as required.
- Clearly communicate solution designs, key design decisions and approaches to interested parties, stakeholders, project bodies and relevant governance / assurance forums.
- Develop solutions in conjunction with the team. Apply knowledge of technology and external experts to guide the development of the cloud.
- Focus on building out re-usable components to accelerate adoption and future delivery
- Determine and create a solution architecture and design to effectively meet requirements and costs while maintaining the integrity of the technology strategy and enterprise architecture roadmap and standards.
- Ensure design efforts are aligned with and driven to deliver business; value, strategy and goals, within cost constraints. - OTOBIS (On Time, On Budget, In Strategy).
- Provide input into project and resource plans and support business case production.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in the strategic application of technology.
- Be a cloud advocate and open to work in developing the wider team in cloud technologies.
- Pro-actively demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role.
Key Technical Skills & Experience
- Experience in delivering cloud solutions for large organisations with multiple sets of stakeholders and requirements.
- Cloud Solution Architecture professional experience in at least one major Cloud Platform (AWS, GCP, Azure), ideally two or more. Certification highly desired: AWS Certified Solutions Architect. Other cloud certifications a plus.
- Experience in delivering secure and resilient designs that meet regulatory requirements (PCI, GDPR). Shaping the future of the cloud for the company though delivering building blocks and patterns for re-use.
- Experience in working with and delivering operational ready solutions in conjunction with internal and external support partners. Demonstration of delivery of complex environments and requirements a benefit.
- Providing insight and best practice from experience for concurrent cloud development and complex environment management.
- Experience with working with mixed stakeholders from the development, operations, security teams through to the business stakeholders and product owners.
- Knowledge on automated scaling, clustering, resilience required, experience an advantage.
- Exposure to network design, big data (e.g. Hadoop, Kinesis, Redshift, etc.), database (NoSQL a plus), caching (Cloudflare, Redis, Memcached, etc.) is also a benefit.
- Microservice and API design experience a major advantage.