In this exclusive video for The BTN, Jacqui Alexander (Change Expert) discusses organisational change and the concepts behind successful changes at pace.
Jacqui introduces the concept of change and who is responsible for managing and encouraging change. She then looks at the 6 main principles of changing at pace from personal investment to focusing on needs and building organisational association for the change. Jacqui also provides examples of how these can be implemented in practice in organisations.
To read more about the principles of change, Jacqui has written an individual post on each principle at the below links:
- Principle 1: All Change Starts with self - Are you ready to be the change you want to see?
- Principle 2: Take a step by step approach - The Black Swans of Change
- Principle 3: Focus on needs, not just wants - I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want!
- Principle 4: People own what they create
- Principle 5: Strong sponsorship & key stakeholder engagement - What’s the Pig? Why managing stakeholders is key!
- Principle 6: Tie outcomes to business results - Money talks… but what else are you listening to?
Jacqui is Managing Director of Changepace Consulting Ltd shaping client programmes that help align, deliver & improve performance. Jacqui is an expert in business transformation and change. She applies an innovative and proven approach that combines the practices of organisation development, continuous improvement and project management to improve ways of working. Her passion is to help her clients create contagious commitment to change and to deliver it at pace.
From 2009-16 Jacqui served as global Vice President of Change and Accelerated Delivery & Performance (ADP) at GSK. Prior to taking on this role, Jacqui held several leadership roles in GSK’s Research & Development (R&D) business. This included leadership of the integration programme following the merger of GlaxoWellcome and SmithKline Beecham, providing change management expertise for large-scale integration projects.