Hosted at the Royal Over Seas League, Mayfair, London
(5 Park Pl, St. James's, London SW1A 1LR)
This free BTN event will be hosted by Anton Fishman (HR, OD, capability and culture specialist) and will look into the impact of AI and Deep Learning on organisations and the future of work, as part of our Fourth Industrial Revolution series.
This session will cover:
- The extraordinary advances in the capabilities of AI and allied technologies over the last couple of years, no longer science fiction
- The rapid commercialisation of AI driven services and their business applications
- Utopia versus Dystopia, challenging the prevailing predictions of mass unemployment and the ‘hollowing out of the middle classes’†
- The impact on job and work design, on engagement and employee relations, on careers and personal development, on workforce planning and change management
- The impact on the HR function itself, since it is not immune to the impact of these technologies
- How HR can shape the executive decisions being made about the adoption of AI
†according to the Governor of the Bank of England, December 2016
Anton Fishman, Director of Fishman & Partners, has 30 years' experience working with businesses to help clarify strategic direction, determine what leaders needs to do to deliver this, and ensure businesses have the talent and capability to make it happen. He has a particular interest in the enhancing the impact and reputation of HR functions and this has been the focus of his work in the last few years. In September 2016, Anton chaired an international conference on the impact of Social Robotics, AI and Deep learning on the future of work and chairs three more conferences on these themes this year. He now runs regular workshops and in-company briefing sessions on this topic in the UK and internationally.